LRRP & Ranger load out and gear

Allied forces uniform posts and questions

LRRP & Ranger load out and gear

Postby Big Farb » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:27 pm

Thought Id share a little and post some pix of a typical LRRP and or Ranger gear items, to include a LRP ration broke down and the 2 different sizes of face paint..
the top 2 or Nam era and are the size of a US Quarter roll, the bottom is much smaller and post Nam and is the size of a US dime roll
enjoy
paul

C Company Ranger An Khe 1969
Big Farb

Re: LRRP & Ranger load out and gear

Postby Big Farb » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:07 am

sorry all dropped the ball will pick it up and run with it in the morning, sorry again Ive got a decent list from 3 different vets,
paul
Big Farb

Postby Big Farb » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:29 am

ok,
according to email and based on the RECONDO SCHOOL list ive put this together..
1 weapon indiv
1 uniform, camo,
1 floppy hat
jungle boots
ruck, indigenous
nylon rope 12 foot
D-ring 2
knife or bayonet w/ scabbard
gloves, rappeling 1 pair
poncho, lightweight
harness, pistol belt
pistol belt
ammo pouch 2
canteen cover, 1qt (2)
1qt canteens 4
canteen cup 1
1st aid pouch
bandage 1
triangular bandage (2)
insect repellant
pen flare gun 1 with flares 10
compass, lensetic 1
mirror, signalling
water pur tablets
20 mags per man 5.56
4 M-26 frags
3 smokes per man
1 WP per man
3 CS per man
1 claymore per man
1 gas mask
1 strobe
1 panel, VS-17
1 pilot pen light w/ red lense
1 SOI
1 kac codebook
1 notebook, 2 pencils 1 grease pencil all in plastic bag
additional plastic bags
1 medical kit
1 set earplugs
extra electric tape and or 100 mile an hour tape
1 section of 550 cord 12 feet.
matches or lighter in water proof carrier
1 pocket knife
1 side arm and 2 mags (ur choice)

Team equipment...
2 radios
5 batteries
5 handsets
long whip/short whip antenna
makeshiftfield exp uni-directional antenna
bandoler of 40mm (6) each man
people sensor device
1 e-tool
3 camo sticks
t-paper
extra bags for trash
extra "Dead-Duke" bars; ie John Wayne bars, you had to be John Wayne to eat one came in LRP rats
1 law rocket
M-60 ammo if needed
M-14 anti personnel mines

this is it so far, I know there is stuff Im leaving out but work in progress, I will try and get pix of all items,

paul
Big Farb

Postby kraitman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:42 pm

I have a question. As some one putting together a LRRP empression,I understand that the list would be an invaluble teaching tool at living history events and such.But,and I may be missing somthing so inform me,but in an "airsoft event",say LIB.CAN.or such,is it truly important to have full load out,at an air soft game? Again,I may be missing an important point since I have not attended a game as yet,And I do understand having the needed equipment to "look" the part,so please set me straight.Thanks
krait.
"Cobra,its whats for dinner"
kraitman
Seeking the Bad Bush

Postby Big Farb » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:58 pm

kraitman wrote:I have a question. As some one putting together a LRRP empression,I understand that the list would be an invaluble teaching tool at living history events and such.But,and I may be missing somthing so inform me,but in an "airsoft event",say LIB.CAN.or such,is it truly important to have full load out,at an air soft game? Again,I may be missing an important point since I have not attended a game as yet,And I do understand having the needed equipment to "look" the part,so please set me straight.Thanks
krait.

hey Bro,
by no means do you need to carry a ruck or poncho, liner, food water and such!!! some of us go to Mil/Sim events and go the whole 9 yards, but us old guys it gets pretty rough humping all that crap!! id just bring what you'll need for the day, food water, ammo, gatoraid its better to have a nice LBE set up and whatever you need, but if you wanna do a living history display then yea you could bring out the big guns lol
hope this helps, I dont think anyone expects you to bring out 5 LRP meals and a gallon of water for a day long game :)

paul
Big Farb

Postby Maffyx » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:20 pm

kraitman wrote:I have a question. As some one putting together a LRRP empression,I understand that the list would be an invaluble teaching tool at living history events and such.But,and I may be missing somthing so inform me,but in an "airsoft event",say LIB.CAN.or such,is it truly important to have full load out,at an air soft game? Again,I may be missing an important point since I have not attended a game as yet,And I do understand having the needed equipment to "look" the part,so please set me straight.Thanks
krait.

If you're prepping for the next Lib Canyon, bring whatever you would need for an all weekend game. I went to the last one and I brought a lot of gear I didn't necessarily need for the game, but brought for looks. Its fun to get in the game with all your stuff and look the part. However when we weren't playing we stowed all the stuff we didn't need for patrols and what not. Hope that helps.
"Fox"
Maffyx
Three tour deathwish

Postby kraitman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks guys,thats what I was thinking. Living history? bring every thing you got.
Airsoft? bring what you really need to look the part for only a couple of days.Its like when I comented a while back about a thosand dollar mint STABO rig (and caught flack about it) vs the excelent repro that is made available for a fraction of the price,since we are not actuly going to be yanked out of the jungle by helocopter,why would you need to get a grand worth of STABO for a game,but,if your a serious collector,then thats another story.Thanks again guys.
krait
"Cobra,its whats for dinner"
kraitman
Seeking the Bad Bush

Postby Big Farb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:44 pm

kraitman wrote:Thanks guys,thats what I was thinking. Living history? bring every thing you got.
Airsoft? bring what you really need to look the part for only a couple of days.Its like when I comented a while back about a thosand dollar mint STABO rig (and caught flack about it) vs the excelent repro that is made available for a fraction of the price,since we are not actuly going to be yanked out of the jungle by helocopter,why would you need to get a grand worth of STABO for a game,but,if your a serious collector,then thats another story.Thanks again guys.
krait

I hear ya bro! No point in bringing out the big guns to an airsoft game, cuz I learned you'll be the only one there in high speed Nam gear and sadley, no one will care if its repo or real!! Ive got a 1,200 STABO named w/ attached pistol belt and I could not see bringin it to a game, but for a living history event yea, Id bring it out for "show and tell" or a set of 1,600 gold tigers, no way, not wearing em to an airsoft event. Id like to but Id worry about them being ruined. dont bother to bring more than you need bottom line lol, no point in having to lock it up in your vehicle!!
Big Farb

Postby rivershark » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Yeah, for liberty canyon II most of the space in my pack was filled with rations (MRE guts in LRP bags), but I brought 2 belts of ammo to set in my bunker next to my '60 because it looked cool and help with immersion. On patrol however, I knew I wouldn't be out for too long so I just carried my pig with a .45 in a shoulder holster and a 1 quart in my pocket :D . I know at local events if I wear LRRP or line doggie gear I bring just a simplified LBE that basically holds ammo, a 1 quart, and electrical tape. I tried running at a local game with an M60, E-tool, and a buttpack with poncho and it didn't work very well, especially in the summer heat. I always carry 20 mags though, can never have enough ammo when mags weigh almost nothing :twisted:

Back on topic though guys, Incredibly informative and helpful thread farb, thank you for posting, as this will help me with my LRRP gear.
"For the record it was my call! Drop all remaining on my pos, I repeat, drop all remaining ordinance inside my perimeter! It's a lovely Fuckin' war, Bravo Six out!"
A&K M60, KJW M1911A1, CA XM177E2
LIBC II LIBC III
rivershark
Re-upped for a second tour

Postby Old-Soul » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Looking for some help figuring out what sorts of rucks I should be looking into getting. I know that almost any era rucksack was more than likely used, but I'm aming for either an ARVN or a CIDG. Did CIDG rucks see wide use with the LRRP units?
RT-Monkeywrench -"No hill too steep, no bog too deep" We don't retreat, we just kick ass in the opposite direction.
The maximum effective range of an excuse is exactly zero.
- Mercy
Old-Soul
No longer a cherry

Next

Return to US Forces Uniforms